Five Minute Friday: 31 Day Writing Challenge
This site is for light-skinned mamas raising brown babies. I’m launching this blog alongside the 31 writing challenge hosted by Five Minute Friday.
Each day in October, I’ll be back here to share musings on the one word “prompt” that was provided to us. (I’ll be using the prompt to generate a question/topic moms of multiracial children should
be consider asking)
You can expect this to be raw and unfiltered. (This isn’t my normal way of writing but I’d like to try something new!) Below are the topics I intend on writing about, buttttttt subject to change LOL
Thanks for being here friend xo
1. Why I homeschool my black children
Best gifts for your little brown girl you’re a gift
3. The problem with the U.S. Government
4. Dear white people, shut up & LISTEN
5. The “other” part of multiracial motherhood no-one talks about
6. Hey Brown girl, they notice YOU!
7. We are not the same
8. The BEST eye-opening articles about race on the internet
9. You should join us
10. Real fears of a scared mom
11. This issue runs deep
12. But first, reparations
13. Please, don’t reach for your gun
14. Use your
damn voice already
15. How-to open the door to race-centered conversations
16. Are you avoiding white-owned businesses? (hint* you should be)
17. Stay consistent in the
19. Raising strong black girls
20. Tell me again?
21. You’re the right person for the job
22. Develop a strong sense of self (Can you even feel our pain?)
23. You better keep your hands to yo’self
24. We are different and
yet NOT the same
25. Wait, am I racist?
26. How-to teach self-acceptance to children of color
27. Tangible ways to raise conscious children
28. God, is this a test?!
29. Practice love & force
31. Most importantly, ENJOY your culture